Sittingbourne Hockey Club is a dynamic, forward-thinking, friendly, and family- orientated club currently with five men’s, two womens’ teams and an ever- increasing junior section. As a club we are expanding each season and aspire to continue pushing our performance teams up the leagues. Our men’s first team currently play in the South East Men's Premier Division and are aiming to challenge for a top 4 finish in the upcoming 23/24 season. Our men’s second team won the South East Men’s Division 2 Invicta league, gaining promotion to Division 1 Invicta for the upcoming 23/24 season.
The aim for the coming years is to balance performance with continuing to improve the pathway for talented juniors, making the first team increasingly reachable for young players coming up through the club. We would like to make the club an attractive destination for performance players in a competitive region. The ideal candidate would see this is as a multi-year opportunity to not just work with a talented squad, but also contribute to the growth of the club.
Our Men’s 1s currently play in Southeast Men’s Premier Division and finished 9th in the 2022/23 season. The 5 year plan for our Men’s 1s is for two promotions. We have a committed squad of players who are keen for further personal and team development. The team currently trains on a Monday and Wednesday evenings with league fixtures on Saturdays.
We are looking for an experienced performance coach with a proven success as a coach within a club environment to lead the first team. The successful candidate will need to be forward-thinking, motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and share the club’s ambition to continue to move forward. The successful candidate will bring outstanding technical and tactical expertise to the club, together with excellent interpersonal skills to support the players and manage the wide range of players’ needs. The coach will work closely with the first/second team captains, squad physio(s), the Director of Youth Hockey and the Club Coach to maintain and improve performance throughout the senior squads and assist and inspire the development of young players.
The successful candidate will head up an already established coaching team which includes the following:
• Men’s Performance Coach – a current international coach and National Premier League head coach
• Men’s Assistant Coach
• Men’s Video Analyst – a current GB U21 and senior(s) international teams’
The Club has full state of the art Video Analysis hardware and software which is an imperative tool to be used as part of this role.
It is essential that the candidate embraces the club’s culture, understands our vision, short-term goals and long-term goals, bringing out the best in the players, both new and old.
In order to full fill this role it is expected that you will;
• Be able to commit to a minimum of 2 evenings a week for training, and Saturdays throughout the league season.
• Coordinate with other coaches and captains to select the squad(s) with both team performance and individual development in mind.
• Work with coaches and club leadership to ensure development throughout the club is best achieved and the club is attractive to potential new players.
• Take responsibility for planning and delivering high level training sessions, specific to the team’s needs, utilising the coaching team.
• Monitor performance and commitment and provide feedback on a team and individual level.
• Travel with the Men’s 1st team on Saturdays to manage gameplay and adapt tactics to achieve results.
• Take the lead on weekly video analysis sessions to identify strengths and weaknesses of the team and their opponents.
• Support and help develop the current/aspiring coaches within the club and within our young leaders programme.
• Attend at least one youth (Wednesday) / junior (Monday) training session per month.
• Lead pre-season training and post-season planning / review sessions.
• Feed into the whole club strategy.
The following is a summary of what Sittingbourne HC will provide:
• Payment of £200-400 per month based on experience and qualifications.
• Full Adidas Coaching kit – consisting of 1 x jacket, 1 x short sleeve shirt, 1 x long sleeve shirt, 1 x shorts, 1 x hoodie, 1 x joggers & 1 x socks.
• Option to receive a discount price on a new Skoda from our main sponsor on average around £2-3K discount.
• The Club will pay for coaching courses or qualifications in line with our skill set levelling up program provided a direct benefit to the coaching you deliver to the Club can be justified.
• The Club will supply all necessary coaching equipment and any additional equipment at your request provided a direct benefit to the coaching you deliver to the Club can be justified.
• Coaching sponsorship package from our hockey partner FRANChocky to be agreed under separate cover if requested.
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to Iain Burwood at firstname.lastname@example.org